Digital X-rays have revolutionized dental diagnoses, allowing dentists to find potential oral health issues in a way that is safer, faster and more convenient. Digital radiography offers several advantages over traditional X-rays:
- It uses 90% less radiation.
- Diagnostic findings can be transmitted via email.
- It does not require the use of chemicals, making it environment-friendly.
- Images can be enhanced to get a closer look at any area of concern.
- The images produced are always high-quality.
Digital x-rays are very safe even for young children. However, women should inform their dentist if they are pregnant so that precautions can be taken.